USB camera AND RPi camera on FlytPi?

I,ve been using the FlytPi for a while now with a Logitech C920 USB-camera, and I want to add a Raspberry Pi Camera via the CSI connector as well. I’ve tried connecting both cameras to the FlytPi at the same time, but I only get the Pi-camera when using the “http:///list_streams” api. Is it not possible to use both USB and CSI cameras at once? Is there any other HW setup I should use if I would like to have more than one camera onboard?

Hi @JBear,

As I understand, you need to access both the camera simultaneously. Right?
Some software modification is required for the same.
I will get back to you with suggested edits.

Also, how familiar are you with linux?

Hi @srv,

Thanks for quick response!
My initial thought was to have a list where I can switch between cameras, but if both can be used at once that would be even better.

I’m quite familiar with Linux. Not fluent, but some command line action is always stimulating :slight_smile:

Open a terminal and run this command:

$ sudo cp /flyt/flytos/flytcore/share/vision_apps/launch/cam_api.launch /flyt/flytos/flytcore/share/vision_apps/launch/cam_api_test.launch

Now open this file /flyt/flytos/flytcore/share/vision_apps/launch/cam_api_test.launch in your favorite editor.
Edit these lines:

<arg name=“camera_name” default=“flytcam”/>

to

<arg name=“camera_name” default=“testcam”/>

AND

<param name=“video_device” value="/dev/video0"/>

to

<param name=“video_device” value="/dev/video1"/>

Once done with edits, save the file and exit.
Open a terminal and run these commands:

$ export ROS_NAMESPACE=flytos
$ roslaunch vision_apps cam_api_test.launch

Thanks, that worked perfect. How do I make this change permanent after a reboot?