Support for Ardupilot, Y6 frame and flight modes

Hi everyone,
I knew that you recently started supporting Ardupilot flight stack, but I checked in
/flyt/flytos/flytcore/share/sitl_gazebo/posix
and only found px4 executable. How can I choose between px4 and apm?

Another question,
I have Y6 hexcopter and I didn’t find a similar drone in the available list in Gazebo. How can I choose the same frame as my copter’s?

One last question,
Can’t I change flight mode using the APIs? For example, I want to change flight mode to be RTL or Circular.

Many thanks

Hi,

We haven’t yet launched FlytSIM for APM. We will be releasing it in next few releases.

To trigger RTL, we have a specific API for that, which unfortunately is undocumented. I am doing it right away. For all other modes, you can use rosservice API provided by mavros: mavros/set_mode .

I have updated our API documentation to reflect RTL specific API.

Thanks for your answer.
Could you tell me when will the amp supported version be released?
I also would like to know if it’s possible to simulate your APIs in Mission Planner or APM planner? I mean, ardupilot code can be simulated in these tools, will your comer APM-supported version be supported also in these tools?
We want a simulation tool these days and I’d like to use FlytSim and then simulate in APM planner to double check everything as our drone is expensive and we need a high level of robustness.

Hi,

I haven’t used the tool within APM planner, which allows simulation. Can you please send me any links referring to that feature. Only then would I be able to answer you better.

Hi,
Mainly, we create a simulated drone using mavproxy and then use any GCS like APM planner or Mission planner to control it and display how it acts (like FlytConsole). The advantage of MAVProxy is that it is strongly supported by Ardupilot community.
http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/sitl-simulator-software-in-the-loop.html
http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/setting-up-sitl-on-linux.html

Hi,

So effectively, I am assuming that you run this command: sim_vehicle.py along with some arguments to run a simulator.

Even in our case, the backend simulator that we are working on to get APM SITL support up and running is the same simulator and NOT a gazebo based 3d physics simulator. So, [quote=“SalahuddinAsh, post:4, topic:375”]
We want a simulation tool these days and I’d like to use FlytSim and then simulate in APM planner to double check everything as our drone is expensive and we need a high level of robustness.
[/quote]

yes this is indeed possible. But if I am right it won’t solve your purpose. Because, if you write your code using FlytAPIs, you can ofcourse test your code in our simulator or visualize in APM planner. But if you want to control your drone using mavproxy via APM planner, it bypasses FlytOS alltogether.

I hope my answer was clear enough.

Actually, I just want to control the (simulated) drone using FlytAPIs.
Will it be documented how FlytOS will be communicating with APM planner for visualization?
You didn’t tell me when the new version that support APM will be released!

Yes, it will be.

It should be released by end of this week. Documentation might be a bit late. But I would provide a brief getting started guide over here in forums.

This will be great. We, in our professorship, are about to decide which simulation tools we will use in our projects, so I hope FlytSim will have more advantages than others.

We hope too that it works for you.