Simulating with ROS on Flight Computer

Hello,

I’m still a bit new to simulations and ROS.

I have Flytsim-Docker install on my ground computer. Is it possible to connect my flight computer to the simulator on my ground computer through ROS?

I wish to create and run my ROS programs on my flight computer and observe the changes on the ground computer simulator as the flight computer does not support Gazebo.

I have extracted the roscpp demo apps into my catkin workspace and built it. How I do continue from here?

Hi @Darrien_Thomas_Galid,

It seems you have asked a similar question over here as well.

Can you explain the difference in your issue.

Anyway, you can always compile your demo app inside FlytSim-Docker. Is there any particular reason for you to run your demoapp on flight computer and not inside FlytSim-Docker.

To open a shell inside the Flytsim-Docker container, run openshell.sh script available within the downloaded folder. You can also run a web based IDE to open/edit your files present inside FlytSim-Docker. For that, open a browser in your ground computer, and go to http://localhost:9000.

Can you explain the difference in your issue.

I wish to create my program completely in roscpp and I need to ensure that the code is accurate due to safety issues.

I’m using a ZED camera along with its ROS wrappers to publish data to the FCU for external position estimation and also object avoidance. It is also only possible for me to use the ZED camera on my flight computer.

For that, open a browser in your ground computer, and go to http://localhost:9000.

Which username and password is it requesting?

username and password both are : flytos

In case, calling rest/websocket call from your cpp code does not make sense to you. Try using ROS-multimaster functionality. Unfortunately, I have not used it much but it seems quite straightforward.

Try using ROS-multimaster functionality.

I have considered using this and still in the process of experimentation.

On the other hand, thanks for the help.

In case you face any issue using ROS-multimaster, feel free to ask any doubts.