Regarding Companion computer (C.C)

Hi, I am trying to figure out the potential and usage of C.C, regarding which I have a few queries:

1. I understand it is possible to send data (like gps coordinates) from autopilot to C.C where a certain task is then performed, but is it possible send command back to the autopilot in order modify say, waypoints, altitude or velocity.
2. Can u guide me to a link or doc where I can find pros and cons of different C.C to help me make a more informed selection for my pixhawk
3. I have found links where setting up C.C with Ardupilot is given but none for PX4, is it not possible with px4.
4. How can FlytOS help me in setting up Pixhawk with different C.C
5. Regarding APIs, are they available with FlytOS, in which language are they written. Can u please give more details on the initial steps to start using APIs.

Thanks.

1. I understand it is possible to send data (like gps coordinates) from autopilot to C.C where a certain task is then performed, but is it possible send command back to the autopilot in order modify say, waypoints, altitude or velocity.

Here are things you can do using a CC connected to autopilot. Get telemetry data (battery, velocity, orientation, etc.) from autopilot, get the current list of waypoints from the autopilot, send autopilot new/modified list of waypoints (with changes in altitude and many other parameters), send simple position or velocity commands to move the drone, etc.

1. Can u guide me to a link or doc where I can find pros and cons of different C.C to help me make a more informed selection for my pixhawk

I don’t have any direct reference but you can google the comparison between various boards supported by FlytOS. Roughly raspberry pi is good for basic scripts, Odroid XU4, Intel Aero are good for medium level computer vision, nvidia tx1/2 is good for serious computer vision, machine learning applications.

1. I have found links where setting up C.C with Ardupilot is given but none for PX4, is it not possible with px4.

FlytOS (to be installed on CC) works with APM as well as PX4. Refer to FlytOS docs (FlytOS getting started section) for instructions on setup.

1. How can FlytOS help me in setting up Pixhawk with different C.C

Please follow the docs as mentioned above.

1. Regarding APIs, are they available with FlytOS, in which language are they written. Can u please give more details on the initial steps to start using APIs.

APIs are available in python, C++, ROS, RESTful, WebSocket. You can refer to developers section in flytbase docs.