Issue with Velocity Set API

Hi,

I have found an issue with velocity_set api both row websocket and direct ros-cli… yaw_rate is not working no matter what I do. I have set yaw_rate_valid to true but it does not seems to be working.

I get the message success to True but it still does not rotate. I’ve set async to true and noticed that even when I set the yaw_rate to any number and yaw_rate_valid to true the script overrides it to 0 rad/s.

root@41519bdb3f06:/flyt/userapps/ide# rosservice call /flytsim/navigation/velocity_set "{vx: 0, vy: 0, vz: 0, yaw_rate: 1, tolerance: 0.0, async: true, relative: false, yaw_rate_valid: true, body_frame: true}"
success: True
message: "[INFO] Velocity Set service initiated successfully. async=true: Not waiting for the\
\ vehicle to reach velocity setpoints in NED Frame as vx: 0.000000m/s, vy: 0.000000m/s,\
\ vz: 0.000000m/s, yaw_rate: 0.000000rad/s"
root@41519bdb3f06:/flyt/userapps/ide# rosservice call /flytsim/navigation/velocity_set "{vx: 0, vy: 0, vz: 0, yaw_rate: 1, tolerance: 0.0, async: true, relative: false, yaw_rate_valid: 1, body_frame: true}"
success: True
message: "[INFO] Velocity Set service initiated successfully. async=true: Not waiting for the\
\ vehicle to reach velocity setpoints in NED Frame as vx: 0.000000m/s, vy: 0.000000m/s,\
\ vz: 0.000000m/s, yaw_rate: 0.000000rad/s"
root@41519bdb3f06:/flyt/userapps/ide#

Hi @Marcello,

Yes. Assuming you are using the APM stack, the yaw_rate feature is temporarily disabled in it.
Even though the FlytOS logs would throw the relevant warning, our API documentation should reflect the same.

Anyways, we have re-enabled this feature after a fix. It should be available in our next release.

OK, I will use position set to enable at least a little bit of control in yaw until the next release. Is there a release date for the next release?

Hi @Marcello,

I unfortunately do not have a release date with me.
Though, I will update this thread whenever it happens.
Expect a release by the end of next month