How to get console in Edison and Pixhawk

Hi, I connect Intel edison to TELEM2 on Pixhawk. I can run flytconsole and get parameters from pixwahk

Now I would like to get edison console. So I try with USB cable, but it seems that USB and UART1 are the same… So, how can I connect Edison to Pixhawk and get console? Do I need to connect via wifi? I was runing “screen” /dev/ttyUSB0. Is there a way to connect using WiFi?

Thank!

I’ve done it too:

ssh flytos@192.168.42.1

Hi,

Were you able to connect to Edison?
You can definitely ssh into Edison.
Moreover, USB and UART can be used simultaneously.

I was able to SSH to edison connected to their WiFi AP (edison_ap)
How can I connect using USB?

Thank

Hi,

What happens when you follow the directions mentioned in this document.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/setting-up-serial-terminal-on-system-with-linux

Edison has2 USB connector. Once is connected to UART throug an FTDI chip.
So, if I connect pixhawk to UART, I lost the posibility of connect to EDISON throug that USB connector.
There is a second USB connector, in flytos it seems to be configured as a network?
#auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
address 192.168.2.15
netmask 255.255.255.0

I would like to connect SSH in my linux PC to that USB port. Is it posible?

Without pixhawk connected, I can connect to FTDI USB and use screeen to get the EDISON console.

What is the best way to connect pixhawk to EDISON and EDISON to a PC?

Thank

Have you tried to connect to this USB, even when Pixhawk is connected to the serial UART port?
I have tried it and it is working just fine for me.

If I did it I don’t get console, I get garbage, becouse that USB is shared with the UART that is connected to Pixwahk, I just try it.

Is there a way to connect my PC through the other USB?

How can I connect my PC to edison, run flytconsole and have internet connection?

Thank

Is this document of any help to you?

I would be great if you could share an image of all your Edison-laptop and Edison-Pixhawk connections. Please tag key elements in your image in detail.

I allready read that document.
I connect my PC to EDISON using WiFi. In my PC I choose edison_AP as the connection and can run flytconsole. Bur doing that lose internet connection on my PC. Do I need a second wifi connection from my PC to my Internet router?

EDIT: Never mind following part, FTDI USB is connected to ttyMFD2 and UART used to connect to pixhawk is ttyMFD1, so there will be another problem.

I connect Pixhawk to EDISON exactly like this picture:

The only difference is that I soldered cables on pixhawk side.
I connect Pixhak to QGC using 3dr radios on TELEM1.
Finally I try to connect FTDI USB on Edison to my PC using a simple USB cable.
But, I think that uart side of FTDI is connected to the same UART that is wired to TELEM2 of Pixhawk.

hope this help

thank

Hi,

Once you ssh into Edison via edison_AP. Edit /etc/network/interfaces file as mentioned in WiFi in Client Mode section of earlier shared document. Once edited, reboot Edison. Now, Edison should connect to your home/office router.

Oh!!! I didn’t see it!!!
Ok, now I can ssh to flytos@192.168.1.xxx and connect to edison having internet. what a newbie am I!

Thank

So should I close this issue?

Yes please, close it.