FltyOS on Odroid XU4 - Boot Up Problem

I am in the process of installing FlytOS on an Odroid XU4 and am having problems booting up.

The initial install went well a few hours ago, was able to customize my home page, get internet access, it all looked good.

Now when I boot up, I get the login screen, press enter and it boots up to a screen with the FlytOS logo on

it and nothing else and I am unable to go any further. Terminal won’t load, unable to do anything other than disconnect power and start over… to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Did you expand the SD card?

Hi, Yes I did. Finally got frustrated and re-flashed the emmc card.

Now having problems with it recgonizing a simple USB camera.

Is FlytOS always this twitchey?

When I execute the “cheese” command, it crashes the system and it reboots.

Are there some kind of special hardware drivers that must be installed for a usb camera to function properly?

Please advise,

Abe

Hi @HawkEye ,
I’m sorry that you are facing this problems. I am looking into the issue right now and will get back to you with a solution shortly.

Zubin

Hi @HawkEye,

Sorry mate. It is supposed to be quite user-friendly. But unfortunately, it is not working the way it should be for you. When Odroid boots up, FlytOS starts running and links itself to your camera. Hence, if you want to run cheese, don’t forget to stop flytOS first.

Follow these steps to run cheese:

• bootup odroid
  • stop flytos
  • run cheese
  • set resolution of camera in cheese

We tested the image today again, to be sure cheese is working fine, and it indeed is. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi, Thank you for your assistance. When I run stop flytos on the terminal, it says the command is not found. In the interim, when I run “cheese”, the following error is displayed:

flytpod@flytpod:~/catkin_ws$ cheese
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos
libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Invalid argument
libv4l2: error setting pixformat: Invalid argument

(cheese:30714): cheese-WARNING **: Device ‘/dev/video0’ cannot capture at 640x480: gstv4l2object.c(3458): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full (): /GstCameraBin:camerabin/GstWrapperCameraBinSrc:camera_source/GstBin:bin18/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src1:
Call to S_FMT failed for YU12 @ 640x480: Invalid argument

I believe the system default is 320240 and my PS3 camera is 640480, any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Abe

Interesting, I followed your stop flytos link, executed the “sudo $(rospack find core_api)/scripts/stop_flytOS.sh” command, FlytOS stopped, ran “cheese”, it crashed the system and caused it to reboot.

Just before the system rebooted, I did see video from the camera for an instant…

Hi,

Can you try some other camera? Or better instead go to <ip-of-odroid>:8080, and check if you can see your video streaming or not. Just configure this file: /flyt/flytos/flytcore/share/vision_apps/launch/cam_api.launch according to your camera.

@zubin, [quote=“HawkEye, post:7, topic:371”]
[/quote]

have you seen this error before?

We as such don’t mess with such core modules of Ubuntu. It should have worked correctly. Also can you try some other driver, guvcview ?

I will give it a try shortly. Srv, would it be possible for me to connect with you via private email? The reason for this is that I hope to standardize on Odroid and FlytOS for my business and in order to simplify the tech support process, it would be better if you knew more about my application. Since it is a business venture, it is really not prudent to be discussed in a public forum. Please contact me at: abe@hawkeyeuas,com

Thank you,
Abe

Hi @HawkEye

I am connecting you with @achal . He will send you an email to take this further.

Thanks,
Zubin

Problem persists. Unable to get video from my PS3 camera. When I load “cheese”, this is the error:

flytpod@flytpod:~$ cheese
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos

(cheese:19644): cheese-WARNING **: Device ‘/dev/video0’ cannot capture at 640x480: gstv4l2object.c(3458): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full (): /GstCameraBin:camerabin/GstWrapperCameraBinSrc:camera_source/GstBin:bin18/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src1:
Call to S_FMT failed for YU12 @ 640x480: Invalid argument

My project is at a standstill.

Hi @HawkEye,

Can you please try with some other camera and let us know the output?
We are looking into the problem you are facing.

Prabodh.

Hi,

Is the problem resolved now?

I sincerely wish it was resolved, but it isn’t. Now I am back to the original boot up problem.

Now when I boot up, I get the login screen, press enter and it boots up to a screen with the FlytOS logo displays on the lower right hand portion of the screen and nothing else happens. I am unable to go any further. Terminal won’t load, unable to do anything other than disconnect power and start over… to no avail.

HELP !!! Is something wrong with FlytOS or the Odroid?

Hi guys,

Another boot issue. FlytOS has been running great for weeks, but now the main menu won’t display.

The odroid appears to boot up normally and connect to wifi, but no main menu, unable to open a terminal.

Any ideas?

Did you enable auto login for your user?

Duplicate of FlytOS Boot Problem.