Error installing FlytSim

Hi everyone,

I tried running
sudo apt install -y ~/Downloads/flytosv1.2-1g.deb
But there were the following errors
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
flytsim-pe:amd64 : Depends: libavcodec-ffmpeg56:amd64 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not installable or
libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56:amd64 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not installable
Depends: libavformat-ffmpeg56:amd64 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not installable
Depends: libavutil-ffmpeg54:amd64 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not installable
Depends: libboost-filesystem1.58.0:amd64 but it is not installable
Depends: libboost-regex1.58.0:amd64 but it is not installable
Depends: libboost-system1.58.0:amd64 but it is not installable

i followed the previous steps before running this command.
I run it on ODroid-XU4 after installing Flytoosv1.2-1c
What is the cause of this problem?
I would like also to know if it’s better to run FlytSim on ODroid (as I’m building the code on ODroid) or it’s better to run it on my normal PC?

Thanks

I don’t understand. Are you installing FlytSIM in your local PC or odroid? ODROID doesn’t have the computational power required to easily run FlytSIM. So its better to install FLytSIM on your local machine.

Btw, what is the version of libavcodec-ffmpeg56 already installed in your local machine. Are you running it on Ubuntu16.04 or not?

Yes, I was trying to install FlytSim on ODroid. ODroid has Ubuntu 16.04 installed. The code should run eventually on ODroid, therefore, I write and build the code on ODroid. How can I simulate it then on the PC? Is it hardware independent? I just don’t know how the workflow should be.

Hi,

As i had explained you before, FlytSIM is still SITL - software-in-the-loop based drone simulator. Hence, FlytSIM doesn’t need Pixhawk to provide attitude estimates. FlytSIM has an internal physics engine, which simulates the drones attitude and position, when a control action is passed to it, say a position setpoint.

Now this being clear, typical workflow of developing you cpp/python app is.

1. Install FlytSIM on your local machine.
  2. Write your code in your local machine.
  3. Build your code in your local machine.
  4. Test your code out in FlytSIM.
  5. Once satisfied, copy the source code to Odroid.
  6. Build it again.
  7. Run it on your drone.

Why won’t FlytSIM install on odroid?
Well, as you might know, Odroid is based on armhf architecture, but the FlytSIM binary is only for amd64 (intel 64bit) architecture. Hence, FlytSIM throws error when trying to install on odroid. Moreover, odroid doesn’t have the processing power required to process FlytSIM’s computationally heavy physics engine simulator.

Thanks for your clear answer.

Happy to help any fellow developer. :slight_smile: