Can I have a call back from the server only after the completion of the action (either takeoff or position set)

I am using Rest calls to communicate to the server Flytsim. whenever I takeoff drone or set some point I was getting a reply “Takeoff command successfull but not waiting for drone to reach the height”. Is there any way so that I can get a callback from server only when the drone reaches the particular height or reaches the particular point

Hi,

Subscribe to this rostopic:
<namespace>/navigation_server_pos/result

You would get response on this topic, once takeoff or position sp has completed.

I have set async = false
but in response

{"_format": “ros”, “message”: “[INFO] Position Set service initiated successfully. async=true: Not waiting for the vehicle to reach position setpoints in NED Frame as x: -4.377035m, y: -1.795129m, z: 1.370578m, yaw: 3.035400rad”, “success”: true}

I am getting async= true

Yes. Rest calls are forced async. There is no way to override that.
This is by design, because these REST calls might take a few seconds to respond, before which REST call timeout will be called by the server.

But is there any way that we get response from the server that position set Or Takeoff has been completed?

Yes. And I have already answered this. Please take a look at my first reply in this thread: Can I have a call back from the server only after the completion of the action (either takeoff or position set)

Thanks for the reply .
I hope this would work