Cameras supported

Are all USB cameras supported by Flytpod e.g webcam? Plz give details.
What are the steps needed to setup the camera in Flytpod?

Hi,

Yes all usb supported cameras such as web cams are supported.
Just connect your camera to your companion computer, and then boot it up. FlytOS would automatically start to stream video from your camera. To view your stream, go to video widget of flytconsole.

@srv
For live video telemetry, what is the highest resolution of the camera the autopilot can handle??

Hi,

I don’t fully understand. what has autopilot to do with camera support? Please explain further. How is live video telemetry bandwidth dependent on autopilot?

Is the video telemetry bandwidth separate from bandwidth for in-flight parameters. If no, then wouldn’t there be any interference in signals if camera consumes more bandwidth (for higher resolution). Please correct if I am wrong somewhere.

Also for Flytpod, where can we find more details on bandwidth allocation, sampling rate of each sensor and arrangement of data packets for telemetry.

I am sorry but it does not make any sense to me. It would be great if you could explain it in more detail. @arunravi had ‘autopilot’ mentioned in his question, is your question an extension of his, or is completely different?

Please explain which sensor you are asking for. Telemetry via Serial port or wi-fi ?

Yes, it an extension of Arun’s question.
In-flight, autopilot will transmit values of various parameters to the ground station via wi-fi like velocity, altitude, angular velocity etc. Also, if a camera is connected to flytpod, a real time video will also be transmitted via wi-fi, which can be seen in flytconsole.
The above questions are regarding the same.

Hi

Bandwidth consumption of telemetry data such as velocity, altitude etc is negligible as compared to video bandwidth. The data rate is definitely less than 100kBps which is negligible as compared to bandwidth available.

But since this is a publisher subscribe model and not a broadcast method, the actual bandwidth consumption depends on ur app.

Which sensor are you concerned about? It would be easier if you list down your requirements.

Sure.
We need to send the following data to the ground station via wi-fi real time:

1. Camera feed 4k resolution
  2. All the data that autopilot collects and stores like airspeed, altitude, rates etc
  3. Angle of attack & sideslip data collected from separate sensors

Our intention is to superimpose 3 with 1 & 2 above on the same wi-fi signal train, so as to receive all 3 signals on the ground. Is this possible?

Hi,

I would suggest you to give it a shot and come back if you have a problem.

http://api.flytbase.com/#telemetry-apis is where you would get the apis to subscribe to autopilot data.

Hi, is the video streaming api in flytos sdk for the cameras which are directly connected to RPi? Is it possible to get video streaming over flytos api for the FPV cameras?

I have the connection in this order: RPi -> DJI N3 -> Lightbridge2 -> hdmi output camera

Yes. It is only for RPi camera connected to RPi.
Do you have any resource pointing towards DJI making camera output available for Companion Computer via Lightbridge2 or N3?

I don’t have any resource but trying to make my own solution. So I will use a wifi streaming action camera, will make tcp redirection from RPi to wifi streaming on camera. And let API to reach to camera view through RPi IP address.

Any other possible solution is using HDMI to CSI converter (https://auvidea.com/b101-hdmi-to-csi-2-bridge-15-pin-fpc/) so flytOS probably uses any HDMI output camera

thanks

Yes. This definitely makes sense. You can also look at HDMI to Ethernet convertor, which might make your life easier.

Yes. Any HDMI output camera should work. Make sure its CSI output is compatible with RPi.